Wednesday, August 12, 2015

TOMORROW

We sure do not know what tomorrow brings..

I checked my phone before taking the garbage down to the garbage room and there weren't any messages.  Upon my return there was a message from Bob saying that he was going to be discharged today.  He had been told around discharge would be around 12:00pm but I wasn't to hurry!!!  I wanted to hear all of this first hand so I hurried.  I was at he hospital by 10:00.  Then we played waiting.  We were on our way home at 3:10pm.  However we spoke to a number of professionals over that time.

Bob does have pneumonia.  The stem cell transplant doctor and the team are thinking that the steroids had masked it.  When the chemo drugs were stopped, well no more masking!!!!  Bob says the prednizone also masked pain as he has a lot more bone pain now.  Bob needs to be more healthy as we were told any pre infection would be ----like almost deadly.  Bob hasn't had a fever for 24 hours.  We came home with a round of antibiotics, no chemo,metforman and a couple of others.  Bob stayed wired, the CVC line can apparently stay in for a year????  My only concern was when the nurse gave me a package containing emergency supplies if anything happened to any part of  the CVC line.  We also got the official rain shield for shower time.   Uggggggg.

We needed to talk with the social worker before we could leave.  We shared with her about our belief in Jesus and even tho she can't say anything she said enough for us to think she is a believer.  Her name is Lori and she introduced us to the green sleeve.  Every one in AB needs to have a green sleeve!!!!  We wear very little green so we obviously don't have one.  Bob had been asked to bring in his will.  CREEPERS, but what is needed is the personal directive.  Today Lori explained what they want and need.  Our wills have our personal directives so we will copy the directive before Bob goes in again.  Upon leaving tho, we were given our own green sleeve.  It is on our fridge now. That is where EMS would look for it.  Every time you are hospitalized the green sleeve goes with you.  Comforting.

We see Dr. Bahlis on Tues (18) at which time we may have a new transplant schedule?

We are both very tired as this is draining emotionally.  I can only handle so much adrenalin.  However we do have peace about everything that happened.  Everything that happens to us---good or bad passes through God's hand.  He must be allowing these things for a reason beyond our comprehension.  Part of the BIG picture.  So very thankful for the prayers of many people.

Isaiah 55:8&9 says:  "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.  "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'................

Bob and I are choosing to believe that God has everything in His Hands and in His control.

No comments:

Post a Comment